Colorado Kids

Colorado Kids

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

End of summer days


Since school started for the kids we have had so much going on!  Mallory is just loving school.  In her class there is a craft corner with all sorts of materials they can put together (it's her fav).  She's such a creative little thing, always trying to build something.  She is just my little sweetheart.  Kaida is loving school as well.  The teachers always comment on her personality, and how she is a character!  Kaida has found a new love for her babies!  She loves to cover them up and stroll them around all day.  My kids are so different, and I love everything about them.

Mallorizms:

Her legs fell asleep on the way home from the lake and she said
"mom, my feet are full of sugar"
"what?"
"ya, they are full of sugar, and tingly"
"ha ha!"
Love that, because that is something I would say

"mom, I prayed that Jesus would give me wings, and I'm still waiting?"

Mal:  "mom, why can't I take off my shirt like Boyd?"
Me:  "because you are a girl, and he's a boy, girls can't show their business like that"
Mal:  "but they look the same"
Me:  "I know, it's hard to understand, but yours wont always look like that, they are going to grow"
Mal:  LIKE YOURS!
Me:  "ya, like mine"
Mal:  "whoa mommy"

Next Day:

Mal:  "I can't take off my shirt like you can
Boyd:  "Ya, because your a girl"
Mal:  "ours look the same, but mine are going to grow REALLY BIG like my moms"
Boyd:  "Mal!" hand on the forehead
 

 That's MY GIRL!  This is a robot she wanted me to help her build out of the recycling.  I had a blast with it, so did she, most of that was her idea.  I just helped her put it together =-)


 I asked Mallory if she wanted to play soccer again, and she said YUP! So were doin it.


Kaida and her baby

John and Lou came to visit the weekend of August 6th.  We headed up to Dillon and stayed for a night, it was so fun!  The Eisenhower tunnel was closed due to a wreck, so we had to take the Loveland pass.  I about PASSED OUT!  I get a little weezy when we get above the tree line, with no guard rails, and my husband is looking for wildlife...YIKES!  When we got back from Dillon we went to the Douglas County fair

This is the only picture I have with my camera from their visit!  We used their camera, so when I get those pictures I'll post them.

The weekend after school started Jodie and Steve Thompson came out to visit, and it was awesome.  I just love them so much!  We drove up into the mountains and had a picnic by a river, it was great.  I'll post pictures when I get some.


BLOCK PARTY

The firemen came and sprayed the kids, it was cute as always.  


There was face painting, great food and roaming the street.  The night ended up with a movie in Chris and Mikes driveway, the kids had an absolute blast. 


These pictures are from when we watched movies in Chris and Mikes Driveway with their new projector.  How fun!  We just love it.  I think it beats starlight movies downtown castle rock by a long shot =-)
 Obviously too much fun for my kiddos, ha ha!  Popcorn comatose.  

 
August 25th 
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY KAIDA KAT!
To my beautiful baby girl Kaida...I can't believe you are 2 already!  You have brought such joy and excitement to our lives.  Your big sister doesn't know what she would do without you, and neither do we.  Your little smile, and your happy way of doing things, is something I pray you hold onto throughout your life.  The little things you do consists of


"WOOOOK" (look), when you want someone to look at your stuff

"Kaida, how was school?"..."I went night night"

Kaida:  "Where's Mal?
Me:  "outside with daddy"
Kaida:  "why?"
Me:  "Because they are cleaning the garage"
Kaida:  "why?"
Me:  "Because it's discusting"
Kaida:  "why?"
Me:  "Because we haven't swept it out all summer"
Kaida:  "Ohhh"
Me:  "What are you doing?"
Kaida:  "I dunno", "Where's mal"


When you say you want to rock at night you say "mommy, I wanna rock a baby" (LOVE THIS)


You are such a special little girl!  I love that I get to be your momma, and can't wait to make some good memories for you my love.  

Love momma

HARLAN COUNTY RESERVOIR

We went to Harlan County Reservoir the weekend of the 27th, it was SO FUN!  This is the second year we have met with Justin's family there, and I hope it keeps on going because it's so fun.  The girls missed their cousins so much.

This girl loved everything that had to do with this boat.  She just sat there and smiled the whole time she was riding. 
Samantha and Maddie CUTE!


Josh and Justin playing polish horseshoes
Mal playing in the sand

Kaida hanging out on the sandbar





Kaida got to celebrate her birthday with her cousins Hailey, Maddie, Andrew, Samantha & Josie.  It was so cute watching all of them together.

It was a princess party
Maddie, Mal and Samantha

Mal and Samantha.  I love this picture!
Samantha, Kaida, Mal, Hailey & Maddie

Kaida & Andrew (brother and sister)
These 2 look more alike than anyone.  Must be Eriksen Genes!
Lately when I tell Kaida to smile she gives me this face, hmmmm.

Samantha is the only one who is always ready =-)  

I just loved watching all those kids together, it was the best.  I know it will keep on getting better too!  Our kids are so lucky to have so many cousins on both sides of the family, they will love that as they grow up!

 LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Relaxing and fun!  Love those weekends.  It started out with my cousin Rachel stopping by with her kids.  It was so great to meet those cute kiddos, and catch up with such a great girl.  

  Kaida, Mal, Ryleigh, Bradley & Max
Kaida and Bradley, she wouldn't put him down, he is so cute, just smiling from ear to ear. 

BBQ at the Whitakers!
I love my friends, they are the best!  Laura and Stenz had a BBQ at their house with wonderful appetizers, bbq chicken and margs, can't beat that!  
   Laura & Stenz

 Huskers played that day, so I was a proud supporter.  Great girls in the picture.
 
Ashley &  I.  She is one of my favorite people in this world, right before this BBQ we booked our tickets to CA in October!
 
NATURE AT ITS BEST
This picture is off of the town of Castle Rocks website, so it's a little blurry, but this is where the first mishap happened.  Ok, this is no laughing matter, here is the story...  We got out to do quite a bit over the weekend, bike rides, hikes, ect.  WELL, our first encounter was on a bike ride on Michell Creek Canyon trail.  We decided to get off our bikes and walk along this little creek thing, and it was really cool.  We saw a bright green frog, a water snake, and a lot of chipmunks.  Kaida and I were walking first along the trail and I saw something move in the grass, the RATTLE!  After I took off running Justin took a look, and it was a RATTLE SNAKE!  It snapped at him and rattled.  AH!  It was huge!  I almost stepped on it!  No more off roading for me, that was scary!

We asked Mallory what she wanted to do, and she said she wanted to climb Castle Rock.  She was so excited she ran half way up it!   


 I was so proud of Mallory, she kept saying..."Come on mom & dad, hurry up", she loved it.  UNTIL, she was waiting for us to catch up, and she started screaming!  A wasp flew up her shorts and stung her!  She had one big spot and 2 smaller stings, I felt so bad for her.  She was so happy and so proud of herself and then she got stung, ugh!  But amongst the tears, she said, dad, I still want to go to the top..crying.  So we kept going.  

Made it!  Wasp sting and all.  

Of course cheeser needed a tweeeet (treat) at the top, so we ate a banana, even tho I carried her most of the way =-)

My mind has been boggled about how to get to the top of the rock, and we finally figured it out (only because we saw someone do it).  So Justin started heading up and Mal thought she wanted to go too.  She got so far and got a little scared.  Check out this scared GET ME DOWN smile =-)

HA HA!

Maybe next year kids.  

It was a great month and labor day weekend.  Then I got a nice surprise yesterday, Steve and Paige flew in to visit me!  It was GREAT!  We went out to eat at the Union, then downtown for a little shopping, it was so great spending time with them!  I'll post pictures when I get them!  
 AND we did a little shopping =-)


I just can't believe that my little girls are growing up so fast.  I'm so proud of Mallory's creativity and her willingness to try new things, and I am so warmed by Kaida's unique personality.  She's got a disposition, like her dad.  I want try and make the best memories for my kids, because I know that's what my parents did for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment