Colorado Kids

Colorado Kids

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Grandpa & Grandma came to visit!


Justin's parents came out to visit us last weekend, and we had a great time!  It was so fun to see the girls get spoiled by their grandparents!  As you can see Kaida Kat REALLY started soaking it up.  She has officially given them nicknames...Grandma, is Grammie, and Grandpa is Papa.  There is nothing like seeing someone else truly adore your kids.  We loved it.
 
 Just loving the hugs.  She forgot how to walk by the end of the stay, she just loved being carried. 


 
You could almost always find Kaida sitting next to her "Papa". 


We headed up to Estes Park, and the weather was kinda cold and rainy, but it was still fun.  We got to see a bunch of Elk up close and personal.  Justin and John drove up Fall River road cuz they wanted to see some snow.  We stayed a little lower, I can wait for the snow for a few weeks.

SLUG BUG & PINCH PT CHAMP!

 Man, this girl is good.  Her buddy Boyd taught her how to play this game and we played it for hours.  We didn't need a movie cuz this girl could spot a slug bug from a mile away.  She was a little concerned that Grandma wasn't getting any so she told her she could have the one right up the street from our house.  Pretty thoughtful considering she got about 36 on the day.


Nice shot of Justin on Fall River Road, he he.
 We stopped to look at some elk and feed some ducks, it was FREEEEEZING, so it didn't last very long.  I really don't think kids have a temperature gauge, but I sure do!

This could be one of my favorite pictures of miss Mallory, so cute!


 We were so close to this big guy.  I was a little nervous, I didn't want to mess with those horns.  


We decided to take a family picture with the Elk in the background.  Pretty cool!


More with Grandpa and Grandma

They even got to see one of Mallory's soccer games.  Mallory played the entire time and was sooo tired.  That's a lot of running for a 4 year old.  She did great.  Funny part about this picture below is the little sister who wanted to be a part of the huddle, ha ha!



This is from the front angle.  She's something else.  I really think she knows she's crackin people up.  I think I've got a class clown on my hands.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!

Mallory wanted this to be the most perfect moment.  I could almost tear up thinking about it.  We went to the store to pick up the turtle ice cream cake, and Mal thought Grandpa needed a balloon.  So her and Grandma picked out the perfect blue balloon, and she held on to it nice and tight until we got into the car.  Lou and I left both of our windows open and the balloon went flying!  She apologized to me for a good mile!  HA HA!  It really was my fault, sweet girl.

When we got back to the house Mallory set the table with napkins, stickers and fruit snacks on every place setting.  After John blew out the candles she says "I just wanted this to be so special" AW, that's where momma bear tears up.

The picture below is her card to grandpa.  It's a picture of a cat fish and an elk.  She loves to watch catfish noodling on the discovery channel, so she thought grandpa would need a catfish and the elk is from Estes. 


Here's the little party planner

Geez, I couldn't NOT give Kaida ice cream cake right before her nap...I had too! 


Kaida's face here is hilarious!  Zoned in on the candles. 

What a fun time we had.  I just love it when they get to come out here together, I just love to see the kids with them.  I have very lucky little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment